Hitch up your favorite toys with our complete tow packages. Whether you're taking out your trailer for camping, bike riding, off-road vehicles, or a major haul, our tow packages give you the strength you need to go anywhere
We install a variety of trailer hitches for trucks, vans, utility vehicles, and sport utility vehicles. Our same-day service includes professional trailer hitch installation, wiring harnesses, and trailer light wiring harnesses on most vehicles in two hours or less!
Owning the right tow package can help prevent mechanical problems and reduce accident risk while towing. Our tow packages are ideal for recreational vehicles, boats, and mobile homes. We also provide towing services for horse trailers, construction equipment, materials, and all other types of vehicles.
A tow hitch is a device that is attached to the chassis of a vehicle to allow it to tow a trailer or other object behind it. Here are some reasons someone might want to install a tow hitch:
- Towing: The most obvious reason to install a tow hitch is to tow a trailer or other object behind the vehicle. This could include a boat, camper, or even another car. A tow hitch makes it possible to move large or heavy objects that might otherwise be difficult or impossible to transport.
- Cargo Carrier: Some tow hitches can attach a cargo carrier to the back of the vehicle. This can be useful for carrying large or bulky items, such as bicycles or camping equipment, that won’t fit inside the car.
- Bike Rack: Many bike racks require a tow hitch to attach to the back of a vehicle. If you enjoy cycling, installing a tow hitch can make transporting your bikes to different locations easier.
- Off-Roading: If you plan to take your vehicle off-road, a tow hitch can be useful for attaching recovery gear, such as a winch, to help get you out of tough spots.
A tow package is a collection of items that can be purchased together and installed on a vehicle. Tow packages are customized and based on your vehicle, but they typically come with a tow hitch, which connects your vehicle to another one or an object, such as a boat or trailer. Most items included in a tow package:
- Trailer hitch: A trailer hitch is a device that attaches to the vehicle’s frame and allows you to tow a trailer. They come in different classes depending on their weight capacity.
- Wiring harness: A wiring harness is necessary to connect the lights on the trailer to the vehicle’s electrical system. It is essential to have the proper wiring harness to ensure the trailer lights work correctly.
- Ball mount: A ball mount is a piece that connects the trailer hitch to the trailer. It is important to choose the right size ball mount to match the size of the trailer hitch.
- Hitch pin and clip: A hitch pin and clip secure the ball mount to the trailer hitch. They are an essential safety feature and should always be used.
- Trailer brake controller: If you plan to tow a trailer that weighs more than 3,000 pounds, you will need a trailer brake controller. It helps to control the brakes on the trailer.
- Trailer tires: It is important to have tires specifically designed for trailers. These tires are designed to handle the weight and load of the trailer.
- Trailer jack: A trailer jack is a device that helps you to lift and lower the trailer tongue. It is an essential tool when attaching and detaching the trailer from the vehicle.
- Safety chains: Safety chains are used as a backup if the trailer hitch fails. They are attached to the trailer and the vehicle’s frame and help to keep the trailer from separating from the vehicle.
Weight distribution hitch: If you plan to tow a more massive trailer than the vehicle, you may need a weight distribution hitch. It helps to distribute the weight evenly across the trailer and the vehicle’s axles.
A tow rating is a specification that tells you how much weight a vehicle can safely tow. It is determined by the vehicle manufacturer based on factors such as engine size, transmission, axle ratio, and suspension.
The tow rating is typically expressed as a maximum weight in pounds or kilograms. For example, a vehicle might have a tow rating of 5,000 pounds, which means it can safely tow a trailer or other object weighing up to 5,000 pounds.
It’s important to note that exceeding the tow rating can be dangerous and cause damage to the vehicle, trailer, or both. When towing, it’s also important to consider factors such as the trailer’s weight distribution, the brakes’ condition, and the driving conditions.
It’s recommended to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and consult Auto Trim Design if you have any doubts about the safety or suitability of your vehicle for towing. Additionally, local regulations may also limit the weight of objects that can be towed on public roads, so it’s important to be aware of these as well.
We will give you the tow rating for your car, truck or SUV model.
How much for a tow package?
The price range for a tow installation can vary depending on several variables, including the type of vehicle being towed, the type of tow hitch being installed, and the complexity of the installation process.
Here are some of the main factors that can affect the cost of a tow installation:
- Type of tow hitch: There are different types of tow hitches available, such as ball mounts, receiver hitches, and gooseneck hitches. The cost of each type varies, with gooseneck hitches being the most expensive.
- Weight capacity: The weight capacity of the tow hitch and the vehicle being towed can also affect the price. It will likely cost more if you need a tow hitch to handle a heavier load.
- Labor costs: The labor required to install the tow hitch can also impact the price. If the installation process is more complex, it may require more time and labor and cost more.
Customization: If you need a customized tow hitch or need modifications made to your vehicle to accommodate the tow hitch, this can also affect the price.
How long will it take for you to install a tow package?
Same-Day Service is offered for tow packages and usually takes about 2 hours.
If you want a great tow installation package in Seattle and Northwest Washington, contact Auto Trim Design—the region’s experts for tow installation and more. (866) 365-8746.